Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Holiday Wines - A Look Back

We survived the Holidays and I stayed true to my blog profile by enjoying lots of food and wine (and beer) with friends and family. Without going into boring little details about certain wines, I'd like to list the variety of wines that we shared (keep in mind, over the past 2 weeks). They were all nice and it was great to enjoy such a wide variety - a good example of how easy it can be to find and drink new and different wines!
Reds
2 different Merlots, 2 different Cabs, 3 different Pinot Noirs, Montepulciano D'Abruzzo, 3 different red blends, Syrah/Petite Sirah blend - "Relentless" from Shafer (yum!), Brunello di Montalcino, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, 2 different Malbecs

Whites
3 different Chardonnays, Sauvignon Blanc, White Bordeaux

Bubbles
Spanish Cava, Asti Spumante, French Sparkling from Savoie region - Trocodero Brut, prosecco

Wow, that's a lot of different wines - but did I mention the friends and family? We certainly didn't get bored with the same old wines - and my wine tip of the day is that in 2010 my wine loving friends and family continue this trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment